Thursday, May 22, 2014

The Ipswich Show!

So every year Ipswich has it's own "show" - aka a carnival/fair type thing.  The showgrounds are only about a block away from our house (right next to the Uni) so we could see things getting set up!  Originally we had no plans on going, but then we though "What the heck? We might as well go at least once while we're here!!!"  We just managed to just get the early-bird tickets by about 20 minutes!  Yay for saving $5 hahaha!  It was Charlie's first fair so of course I had to try and take lots of pictures!

Ok this is a HORRIBLE picture!  I tried to get the whole "WELCOME TO YOUR SHOW" in there but it just wasn't happening... almost though!

I was sad the monster truck show was on Sunday - that would have been fun!

So at the Show there were a bunch of competitions!  For pumpkins, baking, livestock, etc... it reminded me of some southern states county fair or something from the movies....

Charlie didn't last long!

The Krazy Kars!  They are all built up with bars over the top and then they drive up these ramps at angles trying to see how many times they can flip!  It was fun to watch and one even caught fire!  So exciting

Charlie likes to be standing at all times

Demolition Derby!  For those of you who don't know (and I didn't know before this) a demolition derby is where people enter their (specially painted) beat up cars, they all park in a circle facing outwards, they put one empty car in the middle and then everyone reverses into that car, smashing it!  Then they proceed to drive around (in reverse) and smash into each other and the last car running WINS!  It's quite entertaining actually.  And FYI they drive backwards so the engine doesn't get damaged and therefore they can move longer.  We saw cars driving around on rims, with totally smashed in backsides (and smashed in every-side really) and it was just craziness!
There were also some BMX riders (I think that's what they're called?) who went off ramps and did cool tricks like flips and stuff - it was hard to get a good picture of!
I really wanted to get Charlie this toy for some reason...  It reminds me of home!  (we have one there) and it was also like the cheapest thing there.... I think he likes it, but will probably like it more when he gets older!

All-in-all I'd say it was a great time!  One thing we didn't get pictures of were of the fireworks!  They are quite spectacular actually and they were Charlie's first fireworks.....and he slept right through them... which is actually probably a good thing because they probably would have scared him!

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog! I look forward to seeing Australia and seeing Charlie grow!!

    ReplyDelete