Sunday, May 4, 2014

Fall Mid-Semester Break (Part Two)


For the second week of Andrews mid-semester break we had some fun things planned!  But again, I'm going to let pictures do most of the talking here!

Monday morning we had an Easter egg hunt for Charlie!

He found it quite fascinating

Then we headed back to Wivenhoe Dam for some more swimming and a picnic!

Charlie likes it there...

On Tuesday Andrew studied for a while then we went to a movie (it seems like we do that a lot here.... but its only $5 on Tuesdays!  How can you go wrong with a bargain like that?!?!)  We saw Spiderman 2 and it was ok - it felt like there was a bit too much packed in and there was one part in particular that I hated - if you're a girl and you've seen it then you know which part I'm talking about!

I don't have a picture from the movie but this is from the same day!  He's so funny...

Wednesday Andrew studied pretty much all day and nothing really fun happened....  I got some groceries and packed up for our little road trip the next day!

Originally during this break we were planning on going to Sydney, however when our best friends Shannon and Alex got engaged to each other we knew we had to go home for the wedding!!!  In case you didn't know, flights from Australia to Canada are EXPENSIVE, so we knew we had to forgo Sydney in order to make going home a little less expensive....  I'm a little sad about it, because it means we won't be going there while we're here, but oh well.  
I had boughten a Groupon for an accommodation for on the way home from Sydney before we knew we weren't going (obviously!) and we needed to use it!  So we planned a little 3 day 2 night excursion to the south.
We left early Thursday morning and drove to Byron Bay (the line of cars trying to get into the town was ridiculous!) where we explored a little and went up to the lighthouse.
Roadtrip!
To keep Charlie entertained on the drive I fed him banana chocolate chip muffin
Charlie was SO EXCITED to get out of the car for a little break!
Walk up to the lighthouse (there was no way we were going to pay $7 to park!)
Byron Bay Lighthouse

I got to go on a little tour up to the top!  Charlie and Andrew below
View from the top
The most easterly point of the Australian mainland
Family picture!
Charlie again so excited to get out of his carseat!
Yamba, NSW is the most livable place in Australia
We stopped there for fish and chips!

The internet is being really slow, so I'm going to have to turn this into a 3 part thing!  Stay tuned!







2 comments:

  1. Charlie is in a front facing car seat?! So excited to see you soon, but thats sad you can't go to Sydney now! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - he seems so young right?!?! But he's the right weight for it here...

      Delete