We checked into the Angourie Rainforest Resort and were promptly greeted with a little lizard on the couch! It was a pretty nice place - we had our own kitchen and everything!
 |
| This was on the rainforest walk at our resort - it was mosquito-ridden! |
The next morning we drove down to Angourie and went swimming in the Blue Pool (or maybe it was the Green Pool - there was one of each but no sign saying which was which!) They were right beside the ocean, and used to be rock quarries that filled up with spring water!
 |
| (I'm pretty sure this is the green pool) |
 |
| Andrew got brave and did some cliff-jumping! |
 |
| I think this one is the blue pool - you can see the ocean in the background! |
 |
| Exploring the tide pools |
 |
| I love my boys! |
After our little jaunt to the ocean and drive around Yamba, we (well I) went for a little dip in the pool - it was COLD and I was glad we didn't try to bring Charlie in because he would not have approved! It would have been a lot nicer if it wasn't almost dark and almost winter!
Charlie also had his 7 month birthday while we were there! He's such a happy little guy and did quite well in the car! We sure love him a lot and are glad he's in our family!
 |
| This is him laughing although it looks a bit like crying... |
 |
| 7 months! Where did all that time go?!? |
 |
| Nice patio off our room! |
 |
| Charlie has discovered his feet! |
I was quite spoiled while we were there - our room had a really nice jacuzzi tub and both nights we were there Andrew insisted that I take a nice long bath while he took care of Charlie! I was very spoiled. The next morning we headed back up north, stopping at Brunswick Heads to go for a swim in the ocean! (While we have been to the ocean here we haven't actually been IN the ocean yet - so this was a first!)
 |
| Little pop-up tent to hide us from the sun! Charlie loved being in there and was so happy to just wiggle all around and play with the towels! |
 |
| Charlies first time in the ocean! He thought it was a bit chilly... |
We drove home the "scenic" route past Mt. Tambourine and through the back country - it was SO pretty, all hilly and green, but we didn't really have time to stop since we were chasing the sun home. Charlie got extremely fed up of being in his car seat towards the end, so I ended up feeding him ice cream off of my spoon to try and prevent him from freaking out - 2 things I said I would never do when I had a baby - feed him of of my spoon and feed him sugar that young! Oh well.... I'm learning that you end up doing all the things you say you won't when it comes to keeping your baby happy!!! It was a great little get-a-way and I'm so glad we went!
 |
| Charlie glad to be home! |
No comments:
Post a Comment