Real fall weather has been here for a couple of weeks now and it is delightful! It's so nice to be able to take Charlie outside during the day to play and not be dying of heat (it's been around 25 degrees during the day). And it's cooler at night too (8-9 degrees or so) which means snuggling under blankets! We've even had the heater on a few nights in Charlie's room, because he doesn't keep on a blanket, and we're all much happier now with the temperature change - who knew cool weather was so exciting?!?! Nothing much exciting has happened in the last few weeks, and I've been really bad at taking pictures lately... We'll blame it on pregnancy brain - and when I lay down to sleep at night I think of all the pictures I wish I would have taken during the day! It's quite annoying sometimes, and I feel all guilty like I'm slacking! But here are a few that managed to get snapped:
(Again, they're all out of order! And this time I even tried to just add a few at a time and they all came on at once. ANNOYING!!!)
 |
| Day trip out to Wivenhoe Dam on ANZAC Day - Charlie was terrified of the water, but loved eating EVERYTHING and then playing at the park afterwards! |
 |
| It's a Girl! Baby Cahoon #2 Charlie wasn't quite sure what to make of this helium balloon... |
 |
| The Thursday night before Mothers Day the hardware store had a free Mothers Day celebration! There was a BBQ, games, face painting and a bouncy house for the kids, and crafts for the Moms! I got to plant a succulent and make a "command" centre (see later picture) |
 |
| Instead of getting his face painted, Charlie got a BUS painted on his arm! He is so obsessed with buses these days its nuts! Even after it washed off he would still point at his arm and say "BUS!" |
 |
| Broadbeach Gold Coast - So I went to the Gold Coast Ultrasound school to try and get another peek at the baby to find out what it is, but when I got there a little before 2pm they told me my appt wasn't until 3pm! So I had time to kill. Luckily the beach was only a 10 minute walk from the school, so I got to go to the ocean! It was lovely out and as much as I love Andrew and Charlie it was nice to have some alone time! |
 |
| My little shadow belly shot (20 weeks) |
 |
| Everything is all islands and waterways on the Gold Coast, this was the bridge I had to walk across to get to the beach from the school, there were tons of fancy houses and you could see the hinterland in the background! It was so pretty. |
 |
| Charlie loves the train museum! |
 |
| This was also at Wivenhoe Dam, after playing at the park |
 |
| 21 Weeks! |
 |
I went to a Toy and Book Sale at a local church and got a bunch of great stuff! Like $0.20 books and a whole bunch of trucks for Charlie! (I can actually pinpoint this event to when the bus and truck obsession really took off!) The night we got them he would try and carry them all around at the same time - I never managed to get a really good picture of it - where Charlie is carrying 4 trucks tucked under his arms and in his hands plus one in his mouth! He is so entertaining sometimes! |
 |
| After church one Sunday Charlie fell down the stairs onto his face! Poor guy, but he is actually so brave and never cries a lot. |
 |
| Another "It's a Girl" photo - this is at Queens Park, they have some really cool trees there! |
 |
| Helping out at Bunnings (not really...) so we had this mouse and it was really smart, never getting caught despite having 6 different traps, so I went and got a really good trap. A few nights later what happens? Andrew hears some scratching in my wardrobe while I am putting Charlie to bed, so he pulls the drawer in and out a bit to try and scare the mouse out.... well CRUNCH he squished it! All those traps and the new expensive one and it gets killed by fluke! It had a really long tail FYI... |
 |
| I bought this little stroller for Charlie, because they have a few at playgroup and he is obsessed! This is the next day - he pushed it around all morning at the park (letting go of it at the top of hills etc) and then all afternoon at the splash park, he pushed it though all the fountains! He is so funny |
 |
| First playtime at the museum - DinoTrain! They had tons of cool dinosaur stuff, and a couple of little sandboxes with dinosaur bones for the kids to find! I love how much neat stuff they have for kids in Ipswich! |
 |
| Kind of a boring picture to end off with - the command centre! There is a chalkboard upper left, a notepad upper right, cork board lower right, clothespins to hang things lower left and key holders in the middle! It was the first crafty thing I've done in a while and it was so fun and who doesn't love free?!?! |
No comments:
Post a Comment