I really did not think I was this far behind in my blogging! Apparently time has just been flying by.... So for the last two weeks Charlie and I have been a little husband/daddy deprived as Andrew has been studying for finals and then actually writing them. We've been trying to keep busy with playgroups and the park and the zoo.
Mondays are generally free, Tuesdays we go to a playgroup run by the red cross, on the third Wednesday of the month the library puts on a program called "seeds" (I forget what it stands for) but it generally involves music/nursery rhymes/stories/crafts/free lunch! I quite like it, even though it sometimes gets crowded and Charlie can't quite sit and listen the whole time, but it's nice not to have to make lunch!!! Then on every other Thursday and Saturday we have a playgroup at the train museum - Charlie loves that place! After its over we generally have a picnic lunch there and Charlie runs around for hours! It's all about the choo-choos! Then on Fridays we have a playgroup called step-into-school, which is always really fun and interesting. And we often get free books when they have story time! (They give everyone the same book then read it all together) And on that note, I have to mention that Charlie is OBSESSED with books! We don't have t.v so that's his main source of entertainment. He especially loves them if they have trucks or buses or tractors.
Charlie is getting so vocal, he often puts a few words together to get his point across and he has the cutest little voice! His main string of words is "Dada! Doody! Walk!" Meaning I want to take my stroller on a walk to meet daddy on his way home from school - and he'll come right into my face with his face with super intent eyes, like he's really trying to get his point across. Its really cute. We still don't know why he calls his stroller "doody"... Enough boring rambling! On to the pictures!
 |
| Walking to stake conference - I just think this outfit is adorable on Charlie! |
 |
| Charlie has discovered celery and peanut butter, but mostly he just licks out the peanut butter.... |
 |
| At the little zoo Charlie found this peacock feather and was so excited to bring it home to daddy! He fell asleep on the way home though and I had to pry it from his little fist |
 |
| Trying to be crafty and make coloured pasta for Charlie to play with... |
 |
| Charlie loves his play dough! |
 |
| 28 Weeks |
 |
| Charlie walked the whole way to the library! (20 minutes - he did so well until he found these rocks and wanted to take a break) |
 |
| Charlie didn't end up having a nap before church one week, and ended up falling asleep sitting up in the pew almost as soon as we got there! |
 |
| Charlie loves the mini carts at Coles! |
 |
| Charlie is really observant and good t spotting things! We were at the little zoo one day and were going past a pen (not this one in the picture) that usually doesn't have animals in it. I kept going but Charlie looked at the little sign, then pointed! It took me a minute but there were some little pademelons inside!!! Very impressive I thought! |
 |
| Cute little guy |
 |
| Charlie loves taking doody everywhere! |
 |
| Snack time at the train museum! |
 |
| Charlie likes to spread them all over the super dirty bench and then eat them off with only his mouth! Helps him build up a good immune system... (but for reals - he's hardly ever sick!) |
 |
| Charlie loves taking doody for walks and always insists on daddy bringing his doody too! |
 |
| Charlies new orange sweater for the winter, he loves the "hat" part and putting his hands in the pockets. Sometimes he'll put things in the pockets too, but them can't get them out! |
 |
| On a walk, Charlie sometimes needs little breaks and wants to ride in his doody |
 |
| And sometimes Charlie finds it easier to carry doody... |
 |
| I love this little guy! |
 |
| At the zoo - its fun to see animals from Charlie's books! Charlie loved to watch this wombat dig |
 |
| We went to a children's fair and they had a free bouncy house! Charlie went nuts for it and I had to drag him away kicking and screaming... |
 |
| Second Sunday Charlie didn't nap before church he made it all the way to the end of nursery before crashing on the floor! |
' |
| I made Charlie some pipe cleaner glasses at playgroup! He calls glasses "eyes" |
 |
| Charlie and daddy making pancakes |
 |
| Charlie was so excited to be matching with Momma! Andrew showed him his glasses as well and for the next 2 weeks Charlie insisted on us all wearing our "eyes" |
Now that I've finally caught up on the past month and a half I can move on to our little semester break vacation! We just got home last night... stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment