Thursday, December 28, 2017

Home for the Wedding

I was super nervous to fly home alone with the kids, but if I wanted to be there for Amy's wedding then it had to be done!  It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but it was still pretty bad!  Charlie didn't sleep at all on the 14.5hr flight and Elly slept fitfully for maybe an hour.  And Air Canada has the worst movie selection, so the kids were fighting over the iPad because that had "good shows" that we had downloaded from Netflix.  Going through Vancouver wasn't too bad, and both kids passed out on the short 1hr flight to Edmonton, so at least that little bit was peaceful for me!  The worst was probably getting over the jet lag with the kids waking up in the middle of the night, and I was super sick from the lack of sleep/stress/baby and trying to work on the wedding.  Oh man those were a few brutal weeks.  But I was happy to be there for the wedding, so it was worth it.  I have told my family though that we are not coming back again - they have to just come visit us or we can meet in the middle.  This is our 6th trip home in 4 years and it's getting expensive and harder with more kids!  Well, enough of my rambling, on to the most important part - pictures!

I tried to pack light I swear!
Andrew was really sad to see us go and I was sad to leave him!
Charlie and Elly were thrilled to each have their own backpack!  Elly's was almost as big as her though!

Finally passed out!
I was happy to have some nice weather when we got here, we went to the park a bunch and for walks in the ravine!  The kids took to their cousins right away which was nice, they could play together instead of wanting me to play with them!
This happened a few times at a few dinners to both Charlie and Elly!  Oh the joys of international travel...

I was in charge of decorating for the reception which was now fun when you're jet-lagged and feeling sick!
Luckily I had a lot of help and it t came together nicely! 







Lemon water, sparkling cran-raspberry and white grape ginger ale 
A selection of sandwiches: ham/swiss/romaine with honey mustard, turkey/cranberry/spring mix with cream cheese and  Italian meats/provolone/spring mix with basil mayonnaise alone with veggie cups and caprese skewers
Desserts - salted caramel brownies, doughnut holes, cream puffs, fruit skewers
and peanut butter cookie cups filled with chocolate mousse!
Popcorn bar and cotton candy!
We had the cotton candy maker the next day as well so uncle Brian made tons for the kids! 







And just a few random ravine pictures to round off the post!  They actually happened before the wedding but blogger..... just likes things out of order I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment