Saturday, October 22, 2016

It's (ALMOST) Wedding Time!

It took me forever to figure out how to put the pictures from the wedding onto the computer, but it's done so now I can continue the blog! Yay! (Cause that's the only reason I hadn't posted before now....)
So a few days after camping in Waterton the kids and I headed up to Calgary to meet my parents and Amy, then drive over to Salmon Arm, BC for Mary's wedding early reception.  I had been volunteered to take the pictures there, so I had to go!  The night before we were supposed to leave Andrew and I packed up everything in the van.  Go to leave the next morning?  The battery was dead!  I was so mad at myself because I had turned the light on in the van as we were finished up packing the night before to check something and had left it on!!  Our lovely next door neighbours tried to hook up this battery charger thing, but it was taking too long! Monique (the wife) even gave the kids yogurt and helped to entertain them while we tried to figure things out.  My mom and dad were already on their way to Calgary (and didn't want to wait for too long there for us to arrive) and so they insisted I call to get a boost, but I didn't want to pay. Well they called the guy and he came and gave me a boost and didn't make me pay, because my mom is an AMA member and technically it's hear van... so yay! But also kinda annoying I didn't just do it earlier!

Once we got to Calgary Amy came in the van with us and took over driving while I entertained the kids. They did SUPER well and it was a gorgeous drive all through the mountains.  We stayed in Sicamous which it close to Salmon Arm, checked into our hotel then headed to the lake. My cousins son Matthew lives there so he gave us a bit of a tour and showed us this really cool waterfall!  Like one of the coolest I've ever seen - and I've seen a lot of waterfalls in my time! 

The next day we had an early breakfast (it was amazing and included!) before Mary and I headed into Salmon Arm to take some "first look pictures" and do a little pre-wedding photoshoot. It was a really cool spot, near this huge long pier, with lots of foliage and flowers.  It was kinda stressful though, I don't think I ever want to do photography for a job... After the shoot we headed back to Sicamous where everyone had been at the beach!  Mary stayed at the hotel to re-get-ready and my mom brought Elly back for a nap and so she could get ready too!  I went down to the beach and hung out with Charlie and Amy and dad, but before long we were on the road again to Blind Bay (where Brians parents live) for a lunch. After the lunch we went to a beach near their house and cooled off a bit, before heading to the reception in Salmon Arm.  It was at Brians moms friends house and it was gorgeous!  It was held outside and their house is up on a hill overlooking the lake. There was a delicious S'more bar and other yummy food, a little program with a first dance (Charlie really tried to join in when Brian and Mary split off to dance with their parents!)  It was just a really nice atmosphere to have it outside, relaxing and the weather was perfect too!

Sunday we had waffled back and forth about whether to drive back after church or not, and we decided to stay.  We went over to Brian's parents for lunch after church and the weather was so horrible, with it expected to be bad the next day, so we decided to drive home right then and there!  I can't remember how long of a drive it was, only that we got home at 2am.... not a fun time with 2 little kids!  Amy was a machine and drove the whole way!  We stopped a few times on the way home, first at Dutchmans Dairy where we got ice cream and chocolate milk, McDonalds later, and to get gas which took forever because no gas stations were open!  It was quite the adventure.  

Once we got home there was less than a week before the actual wedding - which meant there was tons to do for the reception!  But we'll let the wedding be a post for another day...
I made Charlie a little "snack kit" for the long drive - he loved it!

Such a gorgeous lake

Charlie loves to get buried in the sand

First dance

Adorable S'More bar

Charlie trying to join in on the daddy-daughter dance

Best chocolate milk!

We got to see some of the cows who produce the milk

Seeing this picture makes me sad - Elly had a new bow in her hair and wore it for the first time this day, and it was lost somewhere at the dairy :(

Farmer Charlie
 The next few are some of the pictures I took in Salmon Arm before the reception!  I'm pretty much a professional... jokes!


First look!






Grandma and Elly at the reception

The cute couple making s'mores

No comments:

Post a Comment