Saturday, October 22, 2016

Introducing Mary and Brian Gorner!

After we got home from BC there was a ton to do! Andrew was still in southern Alberta finishing up his rotation, so trying to keep the kids entertained while we were productive was a challenge!  The most time-taking thing was probably the paper rosette backdrop!  Luckily my friend Shannon was more than willing to help and we got a lot done (but not quite finished) in one day!

We pulled out the nursery toys for the kids to play with while we set up!
(These next few are from my crappy phone the night we finished decorating!) Head table





Brian built this super cute lemonade stand for the reception!
The paper rosette backdrop! The desk got switched over to a candy buffet for the reception.  It looks kind of small but it wasn't!

The newly-enlarged Burtenshaw family
Sisters!
Can I just add that I did all the flowers?  At midnight the night before... With the help of my slave Shannon of course! She was actually curling my hair while I arranged them.  Good thing the flowers turned out better than my hair!



Front entry-way to the reception
I love this picture of Grayden!
And THIS SMILE!
For their wedding slideshow?
Family dinner song - A TOTAL FAIL!  We were singing along, when a piece of the ceiling fell down!  We managed to keep it together pretty well after that until Shan squeaked like a mouse in the wrong spot!  Well there was no holding it together after that!  Luckily we got a re-do that night at the reception and didn't ruin it! 


The salsa bar 
Awesome cake made by Andrews niece Jenna
The candy buffet
The dessert bar
Cahoon Family
Me and my slave!

Everything came together really well and looked (in my opinion) AMAZING!  If only Pinterest was around when I had gotten married...  As much fun as it all was, I was glad when it was over!  We had 2 weeks or so left to relax and play before we flew back to Australia - on to the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment