Sunday, July 19, 2015

Port Douglas - Part Three

Our second last day (Wednesday) in Port Douglas was RAINY! Nevertheless we braved the rain and headed over to the circle of palm trees park, and on the way through main street we passed my old stomping grounds - Sassi - where I washed dishes at night (for $20/hr I might add - that was heaps 10 years ago!)  Luckily in the afternoon it was decent out so we could make our daily trip to the beach - it was quite chilly though so we mostly just played in the sand... That night we went and got some sorbet and it was so delicious!  Then we headed down to the beach for a little walk - ending our last night with a walk on the beach the same way our first night began with a walk on the beach!  I thought it was very fitting, but this time it was so calm and still and there were tons of stars!  IT was so relaxing!  Thursday we weren't leaving until the afternoon, so we checked out then headed to the beach - it was the nicest day of our whole trip - almost a little too nice!  It was hot and sunny, Andrew and I both got a little bit burnt, but the waves were calmer than they had been the rest of the time and it was so nice!  After a couple of hours though it was time to head back to the PD Motel for our pickup back to Cairns.  It was a really fun and relaxing trip, it was a nice little getaway!
Sassi! My blast from the past

At the circle of palm trees

I had to include a picture of Charlie's sleeping arrangements!  The shower!

Good ol' PD Motel!

Charlie just loved helping us put on our sunscreen!

Charlie doing "the gorilla"(banging of the chest and ooh oohing)

This little guy was fascinated with this coconut shell!

It is very handy for holding seaweed!

One of Charlie's favourite things to do was to have us put up little sandcastles and then he would squish them!

It was a beautiful last day at the beach!

One last hole to dig with daddy

I know its gross, but here I am at 33 weeks!

And a shadow bump picture...

Charlie just loved jumping over the waves!

Happy boys - poor Charlie doesn't know we're about to leave and  head back to the cold and not go to the beach for months!!!  It's safe to say he turned into a little beach bum on this trip!

1 comment:

  1. Love hearing about your adventures!!!! Can't believe how big Charlie is getting :)

    ReplyDelete