Sunday, July 26, 2015

Enjoying the Winter

We love the winters here in Australia!  Some days when talking to my mom it was warmer back home (summer) than it was here, but for the most part they've been about equal in temperature!  Although it does get a little cooler here at nights than back home.... but no complaining from me!  Especially being pregnant it's nice to feel comfortable instead of ridiculously hot!  I don't think I would survive being pregnant here in the summer.... but anyways!  On to the good stuff - pictures of Charlie!  He is so cute!  After we got home from PD we all got sick and Charlie does not do sick happily, but I'm glad to say he's back to his normally cheerful little self!  And he's getting so big and SMART!  His vocabulary has just exploded in the last two weeks or so, and he's getting really good at stringing words together and getting his point across.  Pronunciation of those words on the other hand... I'm often having to translate for Andrew and other people!  It's funny, I spend so much time with him I really understand what he's saying but with other peoples kids - I have no clue!  And vice versa obviously.... ok, ok pictures!
Uncle Paul and Aunt Tanya were over in Australia for mission reunion things, and we were able to  have dinner with them up on Tambourine Mountain!  Charlie really warmed up to Aunt Tanya by the end.  We miss our families!
Charlie loves to play with my necklaces!  Luckily I am very good at fixing jewellery...
After flying up to PD Charlie was obsessed with our luggage!  Luckily there was kids luggage at ALDI with planes and trucks... Charlie loves to pack up his books and take them for walks!
Charlie got a little chair at a garage sale - this is him packing up at the ward picnic
Charlie has discovered "tasting the beaters!" whenever I beat anything he stands there saying "taste! taste!"
During the school holidays the Rail Museum has special activities - this time it was LEGO themed - this is Charlie painting a little LEGO figurine
And they had giant cool LEGOs
Also during the holidays the Teodos were down from Murgon.  We spent lots of time at Queens Park with them, and Charlie wouldn't stop talking about 'Jakob' for weeks...
Charlie's first Happy Meal!  He was more interested in the juice than anything else
Went to the markets a few Saturdays ago, Charlie was excited to carry his own water
Freshly squeezed orange juice
I finally finished the first rocking chair!  I think it turned out quite well!
SEEDs at the library was an Aboriginal theme this month, Charlie painted quite the impressive boomerang
Train museum!  Charlie loves running around here 
CHOO-CHOO!
McDonalds has a build your own burger thing going on - I really wanted to try it!  You get to pick everything that goes on it and then they bring it to your table!
My first roast chicken!  It tasted absolutely AMAZING!  Andrew was so thrilled and said "Now we're a real family!" (because we both often had roasts for Sunday dinners, and this was our first one as a little family!)
Charlie loves all his little cups!  
Pretty bird!  Charlie likes to watch them dig 
Small spotted Quoll (not sure if that's how you spell that!)
Emu - Charlie's favourite animal at the moment!
Charlie and Daddy having a popcorn snack before bed - bad idea!  He barfed it up in the night!
33 Weeks!
34 Weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment