Monday, March 31, 2014

The Wheel

Well this post is overdue!  In my defence our internet is really slow and every time I try to upload pictures the computer freezes and it won't upload!  So I have tried writing this post I think 3 times in the past few days!

Last friday Andrew had the day off so we took the train into downtown Brisbane to lodge his application for citizenship.  Unfortunately when we got there they told us that you could only apply by mail or in person if you live in TASMANIA...!  I was not impressed because I clearly recalled reading on their website to bring original documents with you when you lodge your application and blah blah blah....  Well I looked it up again and I will admit that I was wrong and it said that in a different place - just not for citizenship by decent!  So Andrew had to go get more things certified and I mailed it off on Tuesday.  It said you would hear back from them in 14 days so hopefully it goes through!
On the train!  
Despite not being able to lodge the application we still had some fun things planned for that day in Brisbane!  I have a little thing for buying Groupons... and so friday was a Groupon day!
First we headed to get some frozen yogurt


Charlie tried his first frozen yogurt!  He liked it we think...
Next we headed across the river into the Southbank Precinct!  I had bought a groupon for the Wheel of Brisbane!  It always looked so exciting whenever I saw it... and it wasn't...  Well it was ok, but even at half price ($15 for both of us) it was still really expensive!  You only get 4 rotations or 10-12 minutes on the wheel (we actually got 5 rotations - probably because it wasn't busy - woo hoo!)  You can't see too much of the city because all of the buildings are way taller than the wheel, but you do get a nice view of the river and southbank area.


Our destination in the distance

Waiting to get on the wheel

Family picture on the wheel!  It was air-conditioned in the little cabins - so nice!

After the Wheel we walked over to the swimming area.  We went though a neat Japanese Pagoda-garden on the way.


Here is a funny story:  I went in the water with Charlie, but Charlie didn't last long because it was kinda chilly.  So Andrew sat out with him on a large wooden bench type thing (see below picture) and they had a little nap.  So they were kinda like in the picture below but Andrew was laid back and Charlie was in his knew crook with his little sun hat covering his eyes.  I swam around for a bit and then I eventually looked up and saw a bunch of people crowding around Andrew and Charlie taking pictures!  I could hear them talking about how cute it was and one lady even went and got her friend to come over and look!  They were really cute together.... Anyways, I got out because I wanted to go take a picture too, but by the time I was out Charlie was all squirming around and awake - DARN!  I told Andrew about the spectacle they were causing and he said while he was "sleeping" he could hear people walking past and saying how cute they were...hahaha!  I dried off and got this picture - not good enough!  So I went over to this man whom I had seen taking a picture of them while they were sleeping (that sounds creepy) and asked him if he could email me the picture.  He was from Italy and backpacking around and said he didn't know when he would get the chance, but that he would!  We're still waiting and I highly doubt the picture will ever come....  


After swimming we went off on a wild goose chase trying to find this burger place I had boughten a groupon for - SO HARD TO FIND!  But we did find it eventually and it wasn't very good...  but the street it was on was kinda funky and cool.  There were a bunch of hostels nearby and it reminded me of my backpacking days.


This past week has been fairly rainy which has been nice!  It's kept our apartment nice and cool.  I went and borrowed a bunch of stamps and punches from the bishops wife, Diana, and have enjoyed being creative!  We also went over to their house for dinner on Friday night and it was delicious - and nice to not have to cook!  

Also Charlie turned 6 months old!  He's been an exceptionally happy baby lately - giggling and playing with toys.  His favourite is playing with mom and dad though!  He loves it when we act like dogs and growl at him or pant and "bite" him.  Its quite entertaining for both us and Charlie!  



Charlie is getting so old!  Where have the last 6 months gone?!


No comments:

Post a Comment