For the past little while I've been writing the blog on Thursdays (no idea why that day!) but I've just decided that I'm going to start writing on Sundays instead. Seems like a good Sunday activity!
So last Saturday we went to the Springfield Lakes Saturday morning market.... It was quite the drive (about 1/2 an hour) but it was a nice drive - I like to see areas I haven't seen before! Anyways, there is a massive park out there with huge gum trees and a splash park and BBQs and picnic areas - it's actually one of the nicer parks I've seen I'd say! But the market was SOOOOO pathetic! Not at all what I was envisioning! There were maybe 10 stalls selling random stuff... I was actually quite disappointed! Oh well it was a nice drive...
That night we went to the drive-in theatre! We went 2 1/2 hours early this time to make sure we got in! They have a little market there too, where anyone can go and sell their junk... that seems to be a theme over here! Anyways, so we had a lot of time to kill. We walked around the whole place a bunch of times and ate our delicious picnic dinner I packed.
| They have a digital projector so its really good! |
| This was right before Charlie honked the horn! |
We asked one of the parking ladies what the most number of cars they've ever parked for a movie and she said 480! That's a lot!
What else did we do this week...
Charlie and I did a lot of walking! To the grocery store, to the mall, to the library. I hadn't realized before that you needed to register for the Baby Rhyme Time and you need to do it far in advance! The next one isn't until June, but we're heading back to Canada and I don't want to miss any classes! So I'm not sure when we'll be going to it - that might be a good thing though since Charlie would probably have no idea what was going on, it will be better when he's a little older. We did go for Storytime though! This months theme is fairytales and nursery rhymes, it was pretty ok.
So as mentioned in the previous paragraph, we're heading back to Canada in June for a couple of weeks because my best friend Shannon is getting married to Andrews best friend Alex! If it was one or the other to someone else, we probably wouldn't go back since its so ridiculously expensive, but our best friends to each other? We can't miss that. Especially since we've been working towards it for the past 5 years almost!
We also tried Charlie with some real food - rice cereal - and he liked it at times and at other times not so much. He needs to work on his swallowing!
| Happy with his rice cereal |
Charlie and I also went swimming one day - it was nice to cool off! And Charlie managed to have a nice long nap with me holding him in the pool.
We were supposed to go to a lookout of Brisbane on Saturday with the Teodos, but Jakob got an ear infection so they had to cancel on us! We've rescheduled for this Saturday so hopefully it happens! Andrew just studied instead (which he was happy about!) and Charlie and I hung around the apartment making treats for my Sunday School class and then went for a walk around Limestone Park when it got a little cooler out. Nothing too exciting...
So life here in Ipswich is just plodding along. But now I have something to look forward to - a wedding and a trip home! Hopefully I can help plan it from over here because I love weddings!
No comments:
Post a Comment