Thursday, February 20, 2014

Valentines Day

So the most exciting thing that happened since the last post was Valentines Day!  Charlie and I walked to the mall to get a bunch of dinner supplies to get a nice dinner ready for Andrew when he came home from school.  For dinner we had: fresh bread with a selection of cheeses (the delicious sheep feta from the market) for the app, then for the main I cooked steak (for the first time ever - it turned out deliciously if I do say so myself!) with roasted potatoes and prochuitto wrapped asparagus and then lamingtons with boysenberry ice cream and macerated berries for dessert and to drink we had lemonaid with frozen berries in it.  It was all very delicious and Andrew was very appreciative.  
It looked better in real life!
The next day we continued in the valentines theme and made heart shaped waffles with whipped cream and berries for breakfast!  Yum!
We made tons because the missionaries were supposed to come over but then they didn't show...  yay for leftovers!
Saturday for the most part was uneventful as Andrew had to study, however we did take a break to go on a little adventure!  We went to the Purga Nature Reserve just south of the city because I had read somewhere that you can sometimes see koalas in the wild there!  It was 38 degrees and boiling hot as we walked the "wetlands" (that were actually completely dry) and no luck.  Duh - koalas are nocturnal creatures - what was I thinking?!?!?  We did see 5 kangaroos in the wild though - that was super exciting!!!
It was FREAKING HOT!!!!  At least there was a little bit of shade...

Can you spot the kangaroo?  It was just staring at us...
Sunday we had the Teodos over for dinner and it was so disgustingly hot that I just made a pasta instead of what I had originally planned because I didn't want to turn on the oven!  
This whole week has been ridiculously hot as well up around 31- 38 degrees.  It was better when we first got here because at least it was getting down to like 18 at nights.... now its staying up around 23ish degrees and it makes a huge difference in our apartment - an uncomfortable difference!  I can't wait till next year when we move and have a/c!  Because its been so hot its hard to leave the house because poor little Charlie just gets all hot and red and cranky when we walk!  Especially since I have to cover him from the sun.  We did make it out a few times, on Monday we went to the mom and baby showing of "A Winters Tale" because I couldn't stand being in the apt any longer!  It was just ok...  I didn't really know much about it - I just wanted to be cool!  After the movie we just bummed around in the mall to try and stay out of the heat!
Waiting for the movie to start!
We went to the Japanese Garden and the little zoo again and this time the dingoes were out!  They're actually quite pretty animals.
I will not let a dingo eat my baby!
Other than that... this week...  Charlie has been an amazingly good baby!  He's absolutely adorable and even though he must be so uncomfortable with the heat he's not too fussy.  I have melted ice on him and poured ice water on his head to try and keep him cool and he just smiles at me!  We got a little water sprayer with a fan to try and beat the heat and he just loves it.  He has been giggling a ton lately and no one can make him laugh like his daddy!
Charlie also rolled over for the first time this week!!!  It was so exciting - probably more so for me than for him!  We had our third swimming lesson as well and its amazing to me how comfortable Charlie feels in the water, he's a water baby for sure.  
Well that's all for this weeks update.  Here are a few pictures of Charlie over the past few weeks to end off!

Cheering for Team Canada!

He's starting to like his little jumper! 

On a walk - he is so cute in his little sunnies!

LOVE HIS SMILE!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment