Well, as the title of this post indicates - there isn't much to report from the past week! Last Friday night we decided to head downtown where they have the Sunset Markets every friday from 3-7pm. It was TINY, probably only about 10-15 stalls in total. We did however find the BEST sheep feta in the whole wide world I'm confident to say. It is amazing and Andrew has decided he wants to go every week to buy more. Its not just cheese, its flavoured cheese which makes it even better! We got the garlic one and the sundried tomato one, and we're excited to go back and get different kinds (probably tomorrow...!) We also bought some sausage from the same vendor - so good. We were hoping that the produce would be cheap there as well, but no such luck. There are a few more markets around that I'm excited to go to in the near future!
| At the Sunset Markets |
We were supposed to go to the drive-in theatre last Saturday night, and despite getting there over an hour early it was already full!! I was super disappointed because they were playing Frozen and Saving Mister Banks, both of which I really wanted to see! And that was the last week they were playing.... Oh well, the next time there are movies playing that I really want to see we are going SUPER early, because apparently there is a little market there as well before the shows start - fun!
Sunday was a regular old church day, and Monday Charlie and I walked to the mall to get some things. I google mapped it and discovered that its 3.4km one way to the mall! There a bunch of hills as well and its really hot out, so I figure I'm getting a pretty good workout! Tuesday Charlie and I went swimming at the Bundamba Pool with Holly and her baby Jakob. It was a bit sad because the children's section was closed, but we decided to go anyways and hang out in one of the smaller pools. Its nice that some of the pools have giant sails over them to give shade, otherwise we wouldn't have lasted long!
| Charlie trying out his new floatie! He couldn't sit well in it so he would either fall forward or backward! Maybe when he gets a little bigger....! |
Wednesday we again walked to the mall to get some ink for our printer and man was it hot out! Even if a cloud comes its still so humid that you drip sweat no matter what - too much info I know!
Today was Charlie's second swimming lesson and he did so well! I have to brag a little bit here... So there were some new moms and babies there, and the teacher kept pointing out Charlie and saying things like "Charlie's only been here a week and look at how well he's doing!" "Charlie looks so relaxed - your babies will get the hang of it!" Hahaha I think the new moms were a little bit annoyed at it.... But really, he's been doing so well! After the lesson we got to just swim around with them a bit and if I just put a few fingers under Charlie's head to stabilize him then he just floats around all calmly making little sighs and content noises - it's so cute!
So I know I said this last week and then it didn't happen, but we have some adventures coming up this weekend! I'm excited so stay tuned!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment