It has been a LONG time since I travelling without children and it was amazing! Not the part where I missed them, but the part where I only took a little backpack for a week and got to watch movies on the plane and eat before my food was cold! It was so nice and relaxing. My flight leaving Brisbane was delayed for 4 hours, so instead of me having to wait a few hours for Amy to arrive in Beijing, she had to wait for me, lucky girl. It had been about 9 months since I saw her last and it was so nice to see her!! We were ready for our adventure. We took the train in and then transferred over to the subway to our destination - Llama Temple Station. We walked for a bit and eventually found our Hutong, with lead to our AirBnB, which was in a neat little back alley. Then we explored! The area we were staying was really neat! Lots of people out and about and everything was just so foreign and neat to us. And wow super nice cars everywhere!! I have never seen more Teslas, Mercedes and BMWs in one place in my life!
It was hard to find any food that looked edible (mostly just scary looking meat in windows) and we were so tired from our flights that we just crashed pretty early. We had a Beijing City Tour scheduled for the next day and we were getting picked up at like 6:30am so we needed our beauty sleep! As usual blogger has decided to upload my pictures in random order... oh well.
| Temple of Heaven |
| A picture at the Forbidden City with almost no one else in it? A miracle! |
| Random strangers would thrust their children at Amy to have their pictures taken with her (also random people too, the white girl is not just for children!) |
| No international vacation is complete without McDonalds ice cream! |
| Again at the Summer Palace |
| Going home through the back alley |
| A lion you might think? Nope, a dragon! |
| Forbidden City gardens, the emperor had like 2000 concubines, so they needed somewhere to hang out! |
| Luckily most signs had english as well! |
| Amy managed a super cool heart bun! |
| I felt like I needed to take a picture on my stopover in Hong Kong and this rubber duck made out of cans was the winner! |
| And then I took another picture as well... it was so smoggy there you could barely see anything! |
| The back ally to our house |
| I had to take a Tesla picture for Andrew, its his dream car. There were so many of them! |
| Lots of entrances to everything had these cool things over top - not sure what they're called? |
| People people everywhere! |
| Forbidden City |
| And this was what was inside - a throne? |
| The mall had a freshly squeezed orange juice maker - so yum! |
| At the big mall we had to do it to be cool! |
| YUM!!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment