The flight over to Perth was delightful compared to the flight to Tassie! We connected in Melbourne, got the kids all ready for bed, then caught our flight out. It was a big plane 3-4-3 seating and I was all smart and booked us (in the middle section) aisle - middle - left it open - aisle, in hopes that no one would want to book a single middle seat and we were lucky - we ended up having the row to ourselves so Charlie and Elly both had room to sleep. It was so nice to not have to try and keep them entertained! Andrew's cousin Nina picked us up at the airport and we managed to squeeze all of us and our stuff into her minivan, and it wasn't even very squishy! I love vans. Since it was only a couple of days until Christmas, we spent time visiting, getting things ready and swimming in the pool! I believe we even made it down to the beach... all the days blur together for me when we're on holidays! Charlie was pretty excited for Christmas, we made sure to set out cookies and milk for Santa and carrots for the reindeer. This was my first Christmas away from my family (and without snow!) so it really didn't feel like Christmas to me - which I guess is a good things since I wasn't really sad then... After opening presents Andrew and I went to church (which was like a date! no kids!) then we came home and had a late brunch. The kids napped then we headed down to the beach - we couldn't spend Christmas in Australia and not go to the beach!!!
![]() |
| Pre-Christmas beach trip |
![]() |
| Milk and cookies for Santa and a carrot for the reindeer! |
![]() |
| Charlie got snow in his stocking! Kaylee was pretty excited about it too |
![]() |
| Christmas day at the beach!
|
![]() |
| Christmas Day sunset |
![]() |
| Oh I love this kid! |
![]() |
| Merry Christmas 2016! |

















No comments:
Post a Comment