Well now that we are back and unpacked I have no excuses to be slacking on the blog! The weather has been up and down, some really nice days and some TOO nice of days (I dread the weather forecast when its over 31!) It's just hard to be outside with the kids when it's that hot and I hate sunscreening up the kids and I'm wearing Elly and trying to get Charlie to keep his hat on... Phew I'm tired just thinking about it! So on the just nice days I really try and get us out there! There was one week where it seemed like it was 36/37 every day so that week we did a potty training week! It did not go well... so we'll try again in a while. Charlie just wasn't interested enough to go in his super cool Lightning McQueen potty and get treats and presents. He managed to get something in the potty every day but he didn't even care when he had accidents! Oh well, I didn't want to go out in that heat anyways...! Andrew is currently doing his mental health rotation, which has pretty good hours so we see him fairly often. What else... I think I need to let the pictures fill in the blanks of this past month that we've been home...
| BOXES and MESSES! Everywhere.... |
| We went over to Riverlink to Baskin Robbins for a treat! Charlie promptly dropped his cone on the ground accidentally, and the nice girl gave him a new one (in a cup this time!) |
| Organizing the back patio - it's not nearly as spacious as our last one, but it's ok - we have a/c to make up for it! |
| Elly girl loves to stand in her little jumper/playstation. She especially loves it when Charlie comes and plays too! |
| we started feeding Elly solids at around 4 1/2 months - she was just too interested and would get mad when we were eating and she wasn't. She loves to eat and is really getting the hang of it! |
| Happy Australia Day from little Aussie Elly in her wombat shirt! |
| Food monster! |
| We found a little park close to our house where Charlie can climb up all the different ways on his own! He was quite proud |
| Balancing! |
| During these school holidays they had "A Day Out with Thomas" at the rail museum. Charlie loved it - there was a room filled with probably 12 train tables and free Thomas tattoos and heaps of books |
| Driving Thomas! |
| Charlie kept taking his snacks to eat inside Thomas |
| Aunt Amy gave Charlie some mac and cheese for Christmas and it made it all the way back to Australia before it got eaten - ridiculous I know! |
| She's so adorable! I love gummy smiles! |
| Andrew decided it was a good idea to give Elly some ice cream! |
| She loved it... |
| |
| Ice cream aftermath |
| Elly crawl/dragged herself the length of the couch and then half again! |
| |
| Putting in new slides at the park! There was a digger and a cement truck to watch! |
![]() |
| They added faces of all the different Thomas characters to the trains around the museum - so fun! |
![]() |
| Charlie loves going in our bed! |
![]() |
| On a really hot Saturday we went to Indooroopilly Mall, and of course we had to get the chinese buffet! You get a plate and can fill it... sometimes I sneak things on the tray too... |
![]() |
| pretty girl all dressed up at church |
![]() |
| Mesh feeder - nectarine - she was SO mad when it was gone! |
| Charlie got a cookie and a present (cars playdoh) for going poo poo in the potty! |
| ok I know these pictures aren't the best quality but she just looks so cute! |
| that smile!!! |
| In the words of Charlie "We are family. And friends" |






No comments:
Post a Comment