Friday, February 27, 2015

Charlie's Quiet Book

Oh dear.  Behind again.  I have been super busy with 2 more callings that require a lot of creativity and planning and computer work!  So whenever I have gotten to use the computer when Andrew isn't at school I have been doing that... busy busy busy!  And this will just be a short little post with a few pictures!  While we were home I made a bunch of things, like 4 skirts and painting t-shirts and a quiet book!  I made it in hopes that it would be a good distraction for Charlie first on the planes home, and then at church after that!  Well it worked - he loves it!  The bug page is probably his favourite...  This quiet book actually took what seems like forever to make, and I'm only half done of what I wanted to do!  I think I'm going to double side the pages for even more felt fun.  My sister Amy was even inspired to make one too, and was showing me her progress last night - hopefully she can see this and remember a couple of the pages she was wanting to do!!!  
Zippers!  Just tries to pull the zippers off the page right now, he hasn't gotten the hang of pulling up or down the page, just off!

Shapes! Charlie quite likes this one too, and he can match all the shapes!  He's so smart... they also stick to the pew in church so he can pull them off of there too

Ladybug!  He has trouble with these snaps, they're kinda hard.  Amy is just going to velcro them which I think is smart for little people!  Charlie loves looking in the pocket to see if there are any more spots left!

Charlie is a little too old for this textures page, it usually just gets skipped over, but I think it's so cute!  Maybe a future little sibling will like it earlier on...

Charlies favourite - BUGS!  He love pulling them out of the "jar" and sometimes he even buzzes the bee

this one is kinda boring and hard to use when its in the book cause it's all bumpy from the pages behind/in front of it.  Mostly Charlie just likes to take the car out of the "garage" and play with that (please excuse my felt car - it is SO ugly!!!)

This is one of my favourites, and Charlie really likes it too!  The barn holds all the animal finger puppets, who then can go and play on the grass!  The flowers and clouds both velcro on and off!

This was the very first page I did - fishing!  You can actually buy all sorts of felt shapes at Michaels, which I did for the fish, then I glued magnets on the backs and covered that with really thin fabric.  Then I made a fishing rod out of a flower arranging stick and washi tape to cover it with a ribbon and magnet on the end.  The waves are little pockets and when Charlie gets older he can put the fish in their matching rows on the next page. My end goal was to laminate a picture of Andrew, of me and of Charlie and have us be fishermen in the boat that he could take out, we'll see if that ever happens!

I can't believe I originally had the ambition to hand sew everything!  I must have been crazy... I did sew a few things like the finger puppets and the snaps onto the ladybug and her spots, but for the most part I just used hot glue!  It's held up so far, and let me tell you Charlie is rough on these pages!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Such a cute busy book! You are the crafter I want to be! I always have ideas in my head of what I want to do but I rart do them.go you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! good job! it looks great!! I always wanted to make one for my girls, I just never got around to doing it. It intimidated me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! good job! it looks great!! I always wanted to make one for my girls, I just never got around to doing it. It intimidated me!

    ReplyDelete