Well we've been here a week now and things are starting to get organized! We've spent a lot of time going back and forth to the mall trying to get everything we need (We're also looking for a car - I'm sick of taking the bus while trying to pile groceries into the stroller!!!) We've gotten bank accounts and phones as well - we're almost into real life now since Andrew starts school in a week.
 |
| Walking to the mall (30 mins) then we bus home |
 |
| Charlie likes shopping! |
We found this little fish and chips shop close to our house, where Andrew tried his first Aussie burger! He LOVED it and told me he dreams about going back there to get another one! It was pretty good - for those of you who don't know, an Aussie burger has the patty, cheese, bacon, pineapple, beet root, a fried egg, tomato, lettuce... I might even be missing some things from that list! It's massive and delicious.
 |
| The Aussie burger - it's delicious! |
We also went up around campus one evening to see how far away it was etc. It was pretty close but you have to walk through a scary roundabout to get there! The campus itself is really pretty and there was an awesome huge mango tree! We took some home but I'm not sure how they're going to taste... We're just waiting for them to ripen right now!
 |
| MANGO MANGO |
 |
| Yay for school! |
Sunday we took the bus to church and met heaps of nice people! There was one family in particular that took good care of us and even gave us a ride home! There are 4 girls in their family just like mine and one of them was MTC companions with my cousin, and also one of the missionaries serving in our ward is from Magrath!!! It's a small world in the mormon culture...!
 |
| All dressed up for church - with a snazzy bow tie Grandma made! |
Monday involved more grocery shopping and that brings us to today! We walked to Queens park and looked around. We only made it to the Japanese Garden and the interpretive centre/cafe where we got popsicles. It is freaking hot here - 36 - which is nice when you're at a pool/lake/other body of water, but not when you're walking around!
 |
| At the Japanese Gardens - Charlie's neck looks broken! |
And lastly, here is a little virtual tour of our apartment! I apologize - it's messy!
 |
| living area |
 |
| kitchen |
 |
| one of the 3 bedrooms - we are waiting on our queen bed! |
 |
| One of the 3 ensuites |
 |
| we don't have air-conditioning so we have to go around with little clothing on! |
Looks like a nice big apt! I bet you will adjust to the heat, by next year it won't feel so bad. That's how it is in Kelowna, hot! I wish I could comment on every picture, you take some great ones!!! Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteI like your new blog!! I can't believe you're living in Australia!!! ahh!!! Keep updating, I want to know whats going on with you! The pictures make me miss you. Its sad we don't see each other much but now we really wont! Take care, Julie!!
ReplyDelete